Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jill On Demand

I've known Jill in the office for quite some time now and we have always planned to do a shoot together. The original concept was with a yellow gown outside one of the nearby buildings in the office approaching sunrise as inspired by one of the shots by Karl Taylor. However, because the gown that we got our hands on was not exactly what we expected it to be, we decided to go with a totally different concept and I could had never asked for a better professional attitude from a model --  even more so considering this was Jill's first ever photo shoot :)

For this shoot, I mostly used the Nikon D7000 with the 50mm 1.8D however I had my Fuji X100s for experimental purposes. I had three different light set ups for this shoot. For the garden shot, I had a Phottix Softbox at camera left as the main light, a bare flash at camera right as a fill light, and I had the sun as my back light. Here's the set up for that one:


And here's one of the shots for that set up:


For the second set, I had a 2-light set up the Phottix Softbox at camera left and a bare flash at camera light. The softbox was again my main light while the bare flash was for the fill. Here's how it looked:


And here's one of the shots for that set up:


For the last set which was shot indoors, I only had  a 1-light setup utilizing a shoot through umbrella bouncing off a white wall. Here's how it was set up:


And here's some of the shots taken with that set up:





And remember the experimental shots that I used my Fuji X100s on? This one was shot with only the ambient light on:



If you want to see more of Jill, please visit my Facebook page at Girome Medio Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment