Saturday, April 30, 2016

My Summer Luau Photobooth

Three days ago I had the opportunity to shoot Wipro-Delta's 1st Summer Luau. Unlike other event shoots I had before, I had a photo booth setup for this one. This was the first photo booth setup that I had using the NKRemote program. The NKRemote enables the professional photographer to control a camera from a PC and run a photo booth automatically, take a sequence of photos and print them out. For the party though, we agreed not to have prints but I'll have all the photos uploaded in our Facebook page.

A photo booth is fairly simple to do all you need is a light source, a camera tethered to a laptop with an NKRemote program installed. You can download a full licensed version of NKRemote from Breeze Systems for only $175 just click this link. A printer is optional but if you do want to have one I suggest something that is fast and economical such as HiTi 510L. These printers might be a little bit pricey but if you're planning to make a business out of your photo booth, fast printers will also  make sure that you get your return of investment fast. If you want to check the best photo booth printers that will fit your budget, check out this link.

For my setup I used a Yongnuo YN-460II flash in a Phottix shoot-through umbrella remotely triggered by Yongnuo RF603N transceivers. I had the Nikkor 18-55mm VR kitlens attached to my ever reliable Nikon D7000 tethered to my laptop. The advantage of shooting tethered is that it allows you to use live view on your computer which will make shooting easier.

Setting up the NKRemote might be a little bit tricky specially to the technically challenge (such as myself) but don't sweat there're a lot of Youtube tutorials that can help you start up. The Breeze Systems website also has some tutorials on how you can set up your photo booth. 

Here's a diagram of my setup:

Here are some of the photos (straight out of the camera) that were taken during the event:







If you want to see more of these photos, please don't forget to visit and like our Facebook page at Girome Medio Photography. If you have any questions or if you want to share your photo booth experience, please leave your comments on the comments section below. Click away!

No comments:

Post a Comment